Tulfarris Golf Club March 2017 Newsletter
The Captains Drive in is this Sunday the 5th of March. It would be great to have as many members there as possible to welcome our Captain Mark and our Lady Captain Catherine in opening our new 2107 season.
If you are interested in playing please get your name down on the timesheet before noon on Saturday 4th March – this is to facilitate the draw for teams which will be made on Saturday evening.
As per our previous Newsletter our Captain Mark and Lady Captain Catherine asked Niall Robinson and James McCarron to pick our Interclub Managers for 2017. The managers for the various teams are now in place and Captain Mark and Lady Captain Catherine would like to thank those members who have taken on the various manager roles. Please see below the list of managers, dates and venues for this year’s interclub competitions. Can you please inform the relevant team managers if you are interested in representing the club this year ASAP? Once again both Captains and Committees are grateful to the guys for selecting our excellent team managers and are also grateful to the selected panel of players who will represent our club. Let’s go one step further this year guys and bring home a pennant.
1. All Ireland Four Ball: Away v The Curragh. Match to be played on April 2nd. Team Manager Kevin Mc Donald.
2. Irish Mixed Foursomes: Home v Lisheen Springs. Match to be played on 19th March. Team Manager John Horan (Mags Ryan and Catherine Curley are managing on behalf of the Ladies Club)
3. Barton Cup: Home v Dublin Mountain Golf Club. Match to be played by 17th April. Team Managers Liam O Loughlin and Pearse Daly.
4. Provincial Towns: Home v Blessington Lakes. Match to be played by 23rd of April. Team Managers Denis Mahon & Mark Walshe.
5. Pierce Purcell: Qualifying rounds to be played in Athy Golf Course on the weekend of the 13th of May. Team Managers David Reid & Derek Yeates.
6. Junior Cup: Qualifying rounds to be played in Lisheen Springs on the weekend of the 11th June. Team Manager Les Broderick.
7. Jimmy Bruen: Qualifying rounds to be played in Edmondstown Golf Club on the weekend of the 17th June. Team Manager John Horan.
8. South Leinster: TBC. Team Managers Enda Daly and Lenny Murphy.
9. Cullen Trophy: TBC. Team Manager John Horan (Mags Ryan and Catherine Curley are managing on behalf of the Ladies Club)
Accidental Movement of a Ball on the Putting Green.
The above rule has been brought in by the R&A and the GUI. Tulfarris has also implemented this into our local rules as off Jan 1st 2017. The full and proper rule can be found on the club’s Conditions of Play witch is on our notice board in the Pro-Shop (next to the computer).
Gents Competition Levy Reminder - Important
Members are reminded that their BRS competition purse expired on the 28th February 2017.
In order to enter into Club Competitions from the 1st March 2017 members will need to top up their BRS purse. A Gents Competition Levy of €120 can be paid into the Members BRS Purse by lump sum or by instalments.
Payments can be made via the Golf Shop. The BRS system has been configured such that a Member must have a minimum balance of €10.00 in their account in order to enter a Club competition on the BRS system.
The system has a 'cap' of €120.00. After €120.00 has been paid into the Members BRS Purse the Member receives "free" entry to further competitions.
This figure includes entry to the "twos" competitions. This excludes Scrambles and Majors for which a separate fee is normally charged.
Club Match Play.
Guys it’s time to register for this year’s Club Match Play events. All entries must be done by March the 26th. The entry sheet will be on the club notice board for each competition
2016 Doubles Match Play Final.
Lastly we would like to congratulate Padraig Whelan and Patrick Mc Carton in their victory over Ciaran Curley and Phelim Dolan in the doubles match play final. Well played gents.